Today, 9th February 2021, we celebrate the 18th edition of Safer Internet Day with actions taking place right across the globe themed “Together for a better internet”.
Safer Internet Day is celebrated globally in February each year to promote the safe and positive use of digital technology for children and young people and inspire a national conversation.
SID is an international event taking place in February every year. It promotes safer and more responsible use of online technology by children and young people across the world.
Going down the history lane, starting as an initiative of the EU Safe Borders project in 2004 and taken up by the Insafe network as one of its earliest actions in 2005, Safer Internet Day has grown beyond its traditional geographic zone and is now celebrated in approximately 170 countries worldwide
Although cybersecurity software can help protect against some threats, the most important safety measure is open communication with your children.
- Cyber Predators.
- Posting Private Information.
- Falling for Scams.
- Accidentally Downloading Malware.
- Posts that Come Back to Haunt a Child Later in Life
- How can you make the Internet safer?
- Own your online presence. To keep yourself safe, set privacy and security settings on web services, apps, and devices to your comfort level.
- Be a good digital citizen.
- Respect yourself and others.
- Practice good communications.
- Protect yourself and your information.